** Vacancy**- Trainee Camper Conversion Technician
We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join our Camper conversion team. We are a VW based converter based in Etchingham, East Sussex. We carry out full or part camper conversions, kombi conversions and other modifications.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Poptop Roof fitting - various types
- Rock and Roll Bed fitting - various types
- Cutting and fitting Windows to vans
- Insulating and Carpeting
- Electrical Installations to include 12v, 240v and solar panel systems
- Kombi conversions - to include seat bracket installation as per manufacturer specs
- Heater Installations
- Assembly of camper van furniture and subsequent installation into a vehicle with necessary utilities etc.
The job offers a variety of tasks and opportunities to learn and improve your skill set.
General Job Responsibilities:
- Carry out any and all workshop tasks pursuant to the area of employment and remit of the specific job at hand.
- Liaise with customers either by telephone, email or in person to discuss project parameters, issues, costs and time lines and any other specifics they wish to discuss.
- Maintain time sheets to monitor progress on jobs which will then form the basis of invoice creation.
- Maintain good time keeping practices to ensure prompt attendance and that jobs progress through the workshop on time.
- Maintain a photographic record of each job as it passes through the workshop to provide the customer with evidence of work carried out.
- Create invoices and distribute to customers as appropriate.
- Maintain a clean and tidy work area to ensure Health & Safety and efficiency of work and welfare of colleagues and visitors.
The role is a full-time permanent position.
40 Hrs per week
Pay dependent on progress through training
Full training will be given, but the ideal applicant will have competency with basic electrics, be able to adapt to different tasks easily, use power tools effectively and safely and be able to work swiftly and accurately.
Minimum GCSE Level education including C grade in Maths and English
Full UK driver’s license.
Own basic tool kit- metric sockets and spanners, cordless drivers/drills, disc cutter/ grinder, safety goggles and ear protection.
Other specific tools will be provided.
Automotive experience ideal but not essential.
One in four Saturday mornings on a rotor with colleagues.
If you think this role is for you then please get in touch by emailing your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org