Our Terms & Conditions
- All contracts are made with SK Conversions Ltd.(“SKCL”)
- SK Conversions Ltd. also trades as Wildlight Campers and Wildlight Camper Hire.
- A contract for the supply of a vehicle is only concluded once an agreement is signed on behalf of SKCL. For spare parts the contract is concluded when your order is accepted by us over the telephone or by e-mail.
- Deposits for items or vehicles are to be paid at 10% of the purchase value, unless otherwise specified/ agreed. Deposits are a commitment to buy and are therefore non-returnable.
- All prices quoted are subject to VAT at the standard rate unless otherwise stated.
- All pictures on this website are general and may not relate to a specific part.
- Where vehicles are sold as "projects" SKCL recomends that vehicles are trailered away.
- Any vehicle, once paid for, is removed entirely at the customers risk.
- We make every effort to ensure all goods are of the best quality and where possible we aim to give customers photographic descriptions of the items, however occationally faulty items are supplied in error. Faulty goods will be refunded or replaced if the fault was found to be present before it left our premises.
- Goods damaged in transit and shortages must be notified as soon as possible after delivery.
- For items that are damaged in transit, It is the responsibility of the customer to check the condition of any parts, received by courier or in the post, for damage prior to acceptance of delivery. If goods are damaged, please sign as "damaged goods". Failure to make these checks on receipt may invalidate any claims against the shipping company and may affect the amount of refund granted to the buyer by SKCL. Customers are asked to keep all packaging if goods are damaged and to supply photographic evidence of damage to the goods and the packaging prior to sending the item back to us. The absence of the original packaging will invalidate a claim against the shipping company and may affect the amount of refund granted to the buyer by SKCL.
- In the event of a refund being granted, SKCL can only refund the partial or full costs of items supplied by us and this can only happen after having received the item back from the customer in the condtion it was received by the customer in. Postage/shipping costs cannot be refunded and returns are made at the customers expense.
- Goods must be returned withing 14 days, correctly supplied goods are subject to a 20% handling charge.
- If possible, please notify us before returning any goods.
- Whilst we make every effort to provide accurate information, it is the customers responsibility to check that parts are correct for their vehicle before fitting.
- Prices marked with an "*" means SKCL is acting as an agent to sell a vehicle on behalf of a customer, therefore VAT is not applicable on the vehicles sale price.
Workshop Terms and Conditions
1. Definition of Terms
- ‘Customer’ is the Owner/keeper of the vehicle or person responsible for paying the bill
- ‘SKCL’ is SK Conversions Ltd, Wildlight Campers, Wildlight Group or employees of either aforementioned entity, its parent or sister company.
- ‘Conversion Agreement’ is the contract signed between SKCL and the customer acknowledging and agreeing to all terms laid out hereafter and agreeing to the commencement of work.
- ‘Estimate for Work’ is the document provided by SKCL to outline our interpretation of the customer’s needs as well as providing an approximate duration and cost for the project.
- ‘Vehicle’ is the vehicle detailed in the Estimate for work and on the Conversion Agreement.
- ‘Payment Agreement’ is a schedule of payments laid out by SKCL over the duration of the conversion project which is agreed by the customer prior to work beginning.
- ‘Parts inventory’ is a document provided by SKCL detailing the parts required to carry out each stage of the conversion project, this document is not exhaustive and is given merely as an indication of what the customer could expect to see in their project.
- ‘In Writing’ is defined as any recorded written communication between the customer and SKCL i.e. e-mail, letters, notes, memos etc...
2. All contracts are made with SK ConversionsLtd.(“SKCL”)
- Conversion contracts are to be agreed by both the customer and SKCL before any work begins. Either Verbal or Written
- Prices are not fixed and not guaranteed, due to the nature of old vehicles past repairs can be hidden and only reveal themselves once work starts therefore making fixed price work impossible.
- Prices of new parts are based on catalogue prices available to us at the time of costing and as such are subject to change without notice
- SKCL will not be liable for any increase in the costs of parts and reserves the right not to consult the customer if an item has been agreed to be purchased under the original project scope but the price has increased.
- If a specific part is not available and is needed for the continuation of the project a suitable alternative may be purchased sometimes at extra cost
- All prices quoted are subject VAT at the standard rate unless otherwise stated.
- Any significant changes to the pricing of a project will be notified to the customer and agreed by both SKCL and the customer before any further work will continue.
- Project estimates are intended to be used as a guide for costing/budgeting and cannot be held as 100% accurate.
4. Payment agreements:
- Are binding once the contract is signed.
- Each deposit is non-refundable and is a commitment to the contract.
- SKCL will not give credit to any customer and all work is paid for in advance
- If a project is cancelled by the customer during the term of the contract no refund on any monies already paid will be given.
- If a project is cancelled by SKCL as a result of unforeseen circumstances or un-reconcilable differences between SKCL and the customer, no refund will be given on any monies already paid.
- Any deviation from the agreement without written agreement from SKCL will be treated as non-payment.
- A service charge of £200 for every day the payment is missed will be charged as work on the vehicle will stop but the vehicle will kept be in our workshop taking up space that could be used for other business.
- After 2 weeks from the date the payment is due, if payment is not received the vehicle will then be removed from the workshop and securely stored outside until the amount is paid, the above mentioned service charge will still be applicable and accruing.
- Once outside SKCL accepts no responsibility for any damage to the vehicle as a result of the weather, or third party interference.
- SKCL reserves the right to recover any monies owed to us by way of the sale of the customer’s vehicle or via legal action.
- SKCL accepts payment by way of Cash, Personal Cheque, Bank Transfer and Credit or Debit card payments or any combination of the above.
- SKCL reserves the right to pass on a 2% service charge for the use of Credit Cards, calculated on a per payment basis.
- SKCL reserves the right to pass on any bank charges incurred as a result of a payment.
- Cleared funds must be received by SKCL on or before the dates laid out in the payment agreement.
6. Definition of Major expense:
- Is any sum for labour, which will become an extra or addition to the job, over the value of £300 +vat
- Is any sum for parts, which will become and extra or addition to the job, over the value of £500 +vat
- Is any sum that is the combination of terms 6a or 6b
- Any sum must be agreed by the customer and SKCL before commencement of work.
- SKCL is a fully insured company and premises
- Customers however must maintain their own insurance policy for the duration of their vehicle being under SKCL control. We recommend a "laid up" policy as a minimum.
- SKCL will not be liable for any loss of property or vehicle costs in the event of theft or damage.
- Although we are insured customer are notified that vehicles are left with us at their own risk.
- SKCL cannot accept responsibility for brakages that occur during the removal or refitting of glass that has previously been reomoved from a car or used glass supplied to fit in place of another.
9. Contract Acceptance:
- Conversion contracts must be agreed a minimum of 4 weeks in advance of project start date.
- Conversion bookings can only be confirmed on receipt of £1000 non-refundable deposit or by the customer delivering the vehicle to us.
- Deposits are treated as a commitment to the contract.
- Delivery of vehicle to us is also commitment to contract.
- Cancellations up to 4 weeks before project start date will receive a 90% refund
- Cancellations within 4 weeks of project start date will receive no refund.
- Removal of vehicle from our premises will mean the project is cancelled and any place in our queue for work has been lost.
- Cancellation during or before the project will mean the vehicle must be immediately removed from our premises at the customers cost after the settlement of any monies owed. The vehicle will be removed from our workshop and stored outside (regardless of condition) until the customer settles and removes it and will incur a storage fee of £15 per day.
- All invoices must be paid immediately upon presentation. failure to do so will risk the project being terminated by SKCL.
10. Project Duration:
- SKCL will provide the customer with a projection of the duration of the project
- SKCL will not be held responsible for any overrun or extensions applied to this schedule as a result of other work, extra work or extended lead times for parts or any external factors.
- Any extra work will be advised by SKCL and amendments made to the schedule will be given.
11. Paint and Bodywork Guarantees:
- At SKCL we pride ourselves on our thoroughness and we therefore provide all our conversions that require paintwork, i.e. tailgate conversions, poptops etc, with a paint-work and bodywork guarantee.
- This guarantee has a duration of 6 months
- The guarantee covers but is not limited to, and is to be decided at the discretion of SKCL, defects in the body finishing process, such as cracks in any filler that may have been applied, premature bubbling of the paint, and flaking of the paint
- Any defects must be reported to us within 6 months of being returned to the customer and must be fixed by us
- SKCL offers no time scale to correct such occurrences as these corrections will need to fit in with the existing schedule.
- SKCL reserves the right to use a third party, if deemed necessary, to make the necessary repairs.
- SKCL reserves the right to investigate the circumstances of the defects, as some defects occur as a result of poor maintenance, care and/or storage of the vehicle, and to also use their discretion in granting work under guarantee.
- The guarantee does not cover damage caused to the vehicle by the owner or another third party, including but not limited to, accident damage, car park damage, chips, dents or scrapes.
- SKCL refuses to make payouts to the owner or other third party as a result of having bodywork corrected by another person or business.
- Where metallic, flaked, pearlescent or other such paints have been used, SKCL cannot guarantee a colour/texture match on any repairs.
12. Mechanical Warranties:
- SKCL offers a 12 months, 12,000 mile (whichever occurs first) warranty on full mechanical overhaul work only, carried out by us that is also not covered by a separate manufacturer’s warranty.
- The Mechanical warranty includes but is not limited to, defects in mechanical items and/ or defects occurring as a result of poor assembly/ fitment of mechanical items.
- The Warranty is not applicable to vehicles that have had a part refit or few items replaced.
- The Warranty does not include damage caused by misuse or poor maintenance.
- The Warranty also does not include second hand or used items.
- SKCL reserves the right to investigate the circumstances of the mechanical defects, as some defects occur as a result of poor, maintenance, care and/or storage of the vehicle or excessive use or abuse of the vehicle, and to also use their discretion in granting work under warranty.
- Where an engine is covered by warranty, SKCL reserves the right to refuse warranty work if the owner cannot provide receipts to show work carried out by other garages/ persons.
- SKCL also reserves the right to refuse warranty work if work carried out by others is seen to be sub standard or the cause of the defects.
- SKCL recommends that while under warranty any servicing and/or maintenance work be carried out by us.
13. Sign Over:
- Once the vehicle is finished SKCL will carry out a Pre Delivery Inspection (PDI) to make sure everything is up to standard.
- If any extras have been found or items have been added to the spec and previously agreed then vehicle will not be signed over to the owner until this bill has been paid with cleared funds.
- SKCL accepts no responsibility and cannot be held liable for any extra work resulting from the discovery of previous poor repairs or age/ rust related damage to the vehicle. All discoveries will be notified to the customer and priced accordingly. It is then up to the customer to decide the course of action with the vehicle.
- The nature of full re-builds and repair work, mean various aspects of the vehicle will need adjustment and attention after a short period of time. SKCL will not be liable for issues arising from adjustments not being made. It is the customers responsibility to check the vehicle over once in their possession. SKCL is happy to assist the customer with the adjustments and an appropriate charge will be made to cover the time spent in doing so.
15. Legal Action:
- In the event of a disagreement between SKCL and the customer. SKCL will do all it can to settle the dispute amicably. In the event of the above not being possible, SKCL will seek court proceeding to recover any monies owed. Legal proceedings will also be initialized to protect SKCL from excessive costs brought by the customer.
16. Out of Hours:
- Our out of hours labour charge and call out charge is £50 per hour plus VAT (£60)
- We ask that customers bringing vehicles to us for general workshop repairs leave their vehicles with plenty of fuel in the tank, unless otherwise requested, If the vehicle runs out of fuel while in our care we reserve the right to add fuel up to 1/4 of a tank full and charge this at £2 per litre to the customer to cover our time in going to the nearest petrol station and dealing with the inconvenience.